- 10m oil-filled active section consisting of 4 channels, 2 x low frequency (approx. 1hz – approx. 20Khz), 2 x HF channels (approx. 100 Hz to approx. 200Khz) and depth sensor.
- 200m polyurethane tow cable with central strain member.
- Tow cable connects to signal distribution box with 6 x XLR type signal outputs which are connected to the signal conditioning unit via flexible studio XLR leads.
- Hydrophones pre-amplified on all channels (approx 26dB gain). Additional 30dB gain selectable in signal conditioning unit for LF and HF channels if required.
Signal Conditioning Unit
- Stereo and mono headphone outputs available for LF channels on signal conditioning unit. Mono headphone outputs available for HF channels. Volume and gain controls. High Pass filter on HF channels. Digital Depth Display readout.
- Headphone outputs also available on soundcard (LF channels).
- Low frequency channels are outputted via BNC to 24bit / 96Khz soundcard (19” rack type) . HF channels are outputted via BNC to Data acquisition unit 16bit / 500Ks/s per channel for higher sampling rates.
- System has 2 x laptops, 1 for LF channels, 1 for HF channels. Both laptops loaded with Software Programs ‘PAMGUARD and ‘Raven Pro’ and necessary drivers for soundcard, DAQ unit and GPS.
- External Laptop GPS adapter provided for each laptop which supplies GPS feed to PAMGUARD, 20m USB extension lead also supplied for this if required.
- 1 x Pair of Professional Monitoring Headphones
System connects to standard UK mains supply.
System supplied by:
Acoustic Marine Systems, 40 Roundwood Lane, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, England